Training for a Spring Half-Marathon or Marathon? Like warm winter road running on the Hills of Hinckley? That first hill on Bellus will surely do the trick. Join us for weekly training runs, Sunday mornings at Hinckley Metropark. We will begin these runs on Sunday, January 19, 2014.
There are three choices. If you’re an over-achiever, you can try two, or all three of them.The early-birds will start at 5:15 AM, middle of the road folks will begin at 7:00 AM, and the late risers can roll out of bed and begin running at 8:30 AM. The loop is a on the hilly roads around the part. It’s nine miles. You can add on three mile lake loops if you wish.
It may be best to begin with one nine-mile loop, gradually increase the length by adding one or more lake loops, and possibly work up to two big ones.
Meet at the large parking lot adjacent to the spillway.
See you there!
A great time was had by all, both runners and volunteers alike, at the 2013 MCRR Pump & Run 5k. We couldn’t have been luckier with the weather, either!
A huge thanks to our sponsors and volunteers who made the race possible, and to all the competitors who came out to inspire us all.
Results for this event can be found under the Races -> Pump & Run tab.
John McCarroll graciously photographed this event, and those photos can be found on his SmugMug page. Thanks, John!
The Sherwin-Williams Women’s Club and The City Mission present:
Running with a Mission 5K Run and 1.5 Mile Walk.
Proceeds benefit Laura’s Home Women’s Crisis Center.
For more information or to register <a href=”http://www.zapevent.com/ListActivities.aspx?eventid=3254″>visit their site</a>.
This race takes place inside the Cleveland Zoo and includes admission!
A cool and crisp morning for the Annual MCRR Quickie run at Roscoe Ewing Park.
OFFICIAL 2013 MCRR QUICKIE RESULTS:
1 Bob Jones 13:12 (predicted 13:59) – Men’s winning time
2 Chris Thomas 14:06 (predicted 13:58) – Men’s winning prediction
3 Patti Tomasello 14:48 (predicted 15:45) – Women’s winning time AND prediction
4 Dan DeRosha and his doggie 14:59 (no prediction)
5 Ryan Berthold 15:12 (predicted 16:10)
6 Harold Dravenstott 15:14 (predicted 17:07)
7 Shari Geiger 15:37 (predicted 17:08)
8 Angela Demchuk 15:41 (predicted 17:11)
9 Felicia Fago 19:57 (no prediction)
10 Delaney Geiger 20:25 (predicted 18:30)
11 Jim Tomasello 21:45 (predicted 24:18)
Congrats everyone! Thanks to Beth Bugner and Pete Jendre for helping!
Just run the 5k, or participate in the Pump & Run. Either way, it’ll be a great race! Join us!
- Date: June 28th, 7pm race time, Pump times 5pm – 6pm
- Wadsworth Rittman Hospital 195 Wadsworth Rd, Wadsworth
- Online registration available at Active.com
- Cash prize $50 1st place male/female Pump and Run and $150 1st place male/female 5k
- Age Group awards
- $20 preregistered, $25 after June 21st (must be received by), Pump and 5k $25 preregistered, $30 after June 21st
- Unisex t-shirt for first 100 preregistered participants
- Post Race party with Race specials at the Galaxy Sports Bar and Patio (201 Park Center Drive Wadsworth)
*must be 18 or over to participate in Pump
Age Contestants will bench press
18-39 Men 100% of body weight/Women 70%
40-49 Men 90% of body weight/Women 60%
50-59 Men 80% of body weight/Women 50%
60 + Men 70% of body weight/Women 40%
Bench Press Rules
- Bench Press weight amount determined by Age and Gender. Lifting weight will be rounded to nearest multiple of 5.
- Rep begins at full arm extension, then lowered until bar touches chest, then back to full extension. No resting pause! A noticeable resting pause at either of these positions will nullify the rep.
- Shoulder blades and buttocks must stay in contact with bench at all times. Feet must remain flat on ground at all times. Failure to maintain this posture will nullify the rep.
- Hands must be inside or touching the smooth rings on the bar. No suicide grip.
- During weigh in minimum attire must be shorts, t-shirt/sports bra, and socks.
- NO BOUNCING BAR OFF CHEST! Rep will not count if bar is bounced off chest.
- Maximum number of reps counting towards Pump and Run is 30. Each rep counts as 30 seconds off your race time.
- No bench shirts, no elbow wraps. Wrist wraps are allowed.
- If you have a physical disability that prevents you from full arm extension during bench please speak to a race official prior to your lift.
- Weigh in will be without shoes and rounded to nearest 5 pound increment. ( ie- 151 lbs will list as 150 lbs and 153 will list as 155 lbs)
Thanks to everyone who came out, whether to run or to volunteer. The race was a huge success.
We would love it if you could take this Miles for Madison 5K & Kids Fun Run Survey
Download Photos – FOR FREE – Compliments of our own John McCarroll Miles for Madison 2013 Photos
There was a great article in the Daily Record about the race by Dan Starcher which has more information. Read it here
Also, The Post did a nice write up of the event aas well.
The Medina 1/2 Marathon will take place in 2014! In order to promote our event and show off our beautiful city and great course, join us for a FREE 1/2 Marathon. This will be a partially aided event. We will have 3 water stops and most major intersections maintained. ALL runners must register to attend and bib numbers will be assigned for safety reasons. Timing will be on your own but stay tuned for some ways to win free and discounted prices for 2014 registration.
Medina Half Marathon
When: Saturday, May 25, 2013
Where: Historic Medina Square (Parking behind court house, parking deck, Garfield Elementary School, and behind County Admin building)
Limited to 350 runners.
Find us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/medinahalf.marathon
Questions? Contact Beth Bugner at email@example.com
Donations will be accepted and donated to The Patriot Runners http://www.facebook.com/#!/ThePatriotRunners
Don’t forget the Medina City Schools Foundation Annual 5k, coming May 3, 2013!
Children’s Half Mile Run/Walk
Open 1 Mile Run/Walk
Open 5K Run/Walk
NEW – Fun Run Costume Contest
$20 individual, $70 Family of 4
On-Site Entry: $25 per person
(Register by April 25 to receive a free t-shirt)
Mail completed and signed entry form to:
P.O. Box 1035, Medina OH 44258
or drop off entry at any school office.
Register on-line at:
RS Racing Systems